Online Course, Aspire Cloud
10:00 - 12:00
2 hours x 1 session
What is the course about?
Zoom is a video conferencing service where people can meet virtually. It also includes a live chat function, a shared screen feature and it allows people to send files while meeting. Zoom users need to sign up. It can be used as a free tool (limited meeting time 40 minutes) or a license can be purchased (no duration limits).
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
In this course, students will learn how to use Zoom. This includes the following:
• How to set up and participate in a Zoom meeting
• How to modify audio and video settings during a meeting
• Where to find and how to use all the essential features of a Zoom meeting (i. e. using the Chat function to share files and other media)
• How to share the screen using different applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and am Internet Browser)
• How to record a meeting
• How to change the background and stay safe online
Students should know how to use a computer and have basic Microsoft Word skills. Zoom knowledge is an advantage, but not essential.
What do I need to bring with me?
Pen and paper to make notes. Students should download the program ‘Zoom’ onto their devices (computer or laptop). Please note that when using a tablet or phone, not all features will be available.
Are there any additional costs?
No additional costs.
What can I do next?
Aspire Sussex offers a variety of inter-coordinated computer courses.
This course is followed by Advanced Zoom Meetings. This involves other useful features and extensions of Zoom.
Alternatively, Aspire offers IT qualification at Level 1 or Level 2, Microsoft Outlook for the workplace or Windows 10: Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
If you would like more information about enrolling on a course with us, please speak to your tutor or by phone us on 0345 601 01 61. You can also visit us on www.aspiresussex.org.uk.
Course LocationOnline Course