Personal development and leisure courses tend to be non-qualification courses, aimed at teaching you new skills, having fun and meeting new people. These courses include Arts and Crafts, Languages and Fitness.
Students on a means-tested benefit will be entitled to a 40% discount on tuition fees on production of proof of benefit entitlement. There are no discounts for Saturday courses. Acceptable means-tested benefits are:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA);
- Employment and Support Allowance (Work Related Activity Group);
- Universal Credit;
- Council Tax Benefit/Housing Benefit;
- Pension Guarantee Credit;
- Income Support; or,
- Working Tax Credit (if household income on the award is below £25,000)
Please note that Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is not a means-tested benefit.
All students that are aged 65 or over, and do not qualify for a concession based on means-tested benefit (see above), are entitled to a 10% discount on their tuition fees.