We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
Level 2 Certificate in Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care -
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to help learners develop:
• a general understanding of different types of medication and their use
• knowledge of the procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of medication
• an understanding of legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of responsibility and accountability
• an understanding of the record-keeping process for medication.
This is a knowledge-based qualification; achievement will not allow learners to be considered occupationally competent in the administration of medication.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand medication and prescriptions
• Unit 02 Supply, storage and disposal of medication
• Unit 03 Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
• Unit 04 Record-keeping and audit processes for medication