00:00 - 00:00
2 hours x 60 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over, on a means tested benefit (evidence required) or if you earn less than £17,004 (evidence required)
What is the course about?
We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
This qualification will be suitable for teaching staff, care staff or anyone looking to build their knowledge of dyslexia and other learning difficulties.
The qualification would be suitable for those working within healthcare, social care and education contexts.
You will learn about Specific Learning Difficulties (ADHD/ADD, Dyslexia, Developmental Coordination Disorder and Dyscalculia), how this affects individuals and those around them, the diagnosis and how to support individuals.
The content of the course contains 5 sections:
Section 1 – Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
Section 2 – Understand the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
Section 3 – Understanding the diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
Section 4 – Understanding supporting individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
Section 6 – Understand the context of Specific Learning Difficulties
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
This is a knowledge-only qualification.
You will need a good level of English to be able to read the course material and respond to the assessed questions. We will discuss this with you at the Induction meeting.
What do I need to bring with me?
The course is completed on your computer or device, in your own time.
Are there any additional costs?
The course is fully funded if you are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for 3 years.
What can I do next?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
• Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• Level 2 and 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
• Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People’s Speech, Language and Communication
Course LocationDistance Learning