00:00 - 00:00
2 hours x 60 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over, on a means tested benefit (evidence required) or if you earn less than £17,004 (evidence required)
What is the course about?
We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
This qualification is designed for learners with an interest
in, or who are already working with, individuals with
learning disabilities in a variety of roles.
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and
understanding to work with individuals with learning
disabilities or difficulties. They will explore the principles of
safeguarding and positive risk taking and gain awareness
of the autistic spectrum.
The objectives of this qualification are to prepare learners
for employment and to support a role in the workplace
where the individual may work or interact with people with
learning disabilities. This is primarily for those within
healthcare and social care but may also be useful to those
working in education or housing support roles.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
• Unit 02 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• Unit 03 Introduction to personalisation in social care
• Unit 04 Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
• Unit 05 Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
• Unit 06 Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
There are no specific prior qualifications needed to access this qualification.
You will need a good level of English to be able to read the course material and respond to the assessed questions. We will discuss this with you at the Induction meeting.
What do I need to bring with me?
The course is completed on your computer or device, in your own time.
Are there any additional costs?
The course is fully funded if you are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for 3 years.
What can I do next?
If you’re interested in progressing to further study at the next level of vocational learning the following qualifications are also available:
• Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Course LocationDistance Learning