Marle Place, Burgess Hill
19:00 - 21:00
2 hours x 3 sessions
What is the course about?
On this course you will learn how to cook a variety of Vegan meals, quickly and easily. There will be a maximum of 7 students on this course
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
You must be able to work independently although the tutor will be able to assist you. It is for those who can cook but want to learn some new or different Vegan recipes.
What do I need to bring with me?
You will need; a pen, a knife, a Tea towel, dish cloth, some plastic container to take food home in and a refreshment (optional).
On the first session you will be cooking a Vegan green Thai tofu curry and make your own green Thai paste if you wish.
For curry paste you will need:
• 4 garlic cloves
• 3-6 jalapenos Thai chilies or chili green peppers, seeded and stemmed (wear gloves!)
• 2 shallots
• 2 kaffir lime leaves or 2 tsp. lime zest
• 1 lemongrass stalk coarsely chopped
• 255g fresh coriander stems and leaves, packed
• 170g fresh basil leaves packed
• 1 tbsp. grated ginger
• 1 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
• 1 tbsp. lime juice
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
For the tofu curry you will need:
• jasmine rice 240g
• smoked tofu 225g pack, cubed
• vegetable oil 2 tsp
• (Thai green curry paste 50g) Optional if you are making your own paste!
• low-fat coconut milk 400g tin
• sugar snap peas 150g
• baby sweetcorn 175g, halved lengthways
• green beans 150g, halved
• lime 1, juiced
• coriander a small bunch, leaves picked
Are there any additional costs?
You will need to purchase and bring along your ingredients each week. Recipe sheets will be provided for each session.
What can I do next?
If you would like more information about re-enrolling again next term or progressing onto another course, please speak to your tutor or a member of staff by calling 0345 601 01 61 or on www.aspiresussex.org.uk.
Course LocationMarle Place