00:00 - 00:00
2 hours x 60 sessions
What is the course about?
We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
This qualification aims to raise awareness of:
• the role of the mental health worker
• the process and approaches involved in the care and support of those who experience mental ill health.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to understand the approaches to care and support of those with mental health problems.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs, learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand the role of the mental health worker
• Unit 02 Mental health and mental health issues
• Unit 03 Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
• Unit 04 Approaches to care and management in mental health
• Unit 05 Understanding change and support in relation to mental health
The objective of this qualification is to give learners working, or intending to work in a health or social care context, an understanding of approaches to supporting those with mental health needs. It will also enable learners to progress to other qualifications in healthcare and social care.
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
No specific requirement for previous experience, knowledge or qualifications.
What do I need to bring with me?
The course is completed on yoru own computer or other device.
Are there any additional costs?
No. The course is fully funded if you are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for 3 years.
What can I do next?
Other distance learning courses are available.
Course LocationDistance Learning