00:00 - 00:00
2 hours x 60 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over, on a means tested benefit (evidence required) or if you earn less than £17,004 (evidence required)
What is the course about?
We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
The aim of this qualification is to increase the learner’s
knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s
By completing the qualification, learners will develop
knowledge of mental health in children and young people
which would support progression onto further qualifications
and into relevant employment in the health and social care
or education sectors.
Learners must achieve all of the mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
• Unit 02 Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
• Unit 03 Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Unit 04 Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Unit 05 Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
You will need a good level of English to be able to read the course material and respond to the assessed questions. We will discuss this with you at the Induction meeting.
What do I need to bring with me?
The course is completed on your computer or device, in your own time.
Are there any additional costs?
The course is fully funded if you are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for 3 years.
What can I do next?
You could complete another Level 2 distance learning course or progress to:
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children's Workforce (Early Years Educator)
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
Course LocationDistance Learning