00:00 - 00:00
2 hours x 60 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over, on a means tested benefit (evidence required) or if you earn less than £17,004 (evidence required)
What is the course about?
We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism - covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour, and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to develop an understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism.
It’s useful for learners who provide direct support and those working in sectors such as:
• social care
• education and training
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Introduction to autism
• Unit 02 Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
• Unit 03 Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
• Unit 04 Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
• Unit 05 Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
• Unit 06 Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
You will need a good level of English to be able to read the course material and respond to the assessed questions. We will discuss this with you at the Induction meeting.
What do I need to bring with me?
The course is completed on your computer or device, in your own time.
Are there any additional costs?
The course is fully funded if you are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for 3 years.
What can I do next?
You could complete another Level 2 distance learning course or progress to:
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children's Workforce (Early Years Educator)
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
Course LocationDistance Learning