00:00 - 00:00
2 hours x 60 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over, on a means tested benefit (evidence required) or if you earn less than £17,004 (evidence required)
What is the course about?
We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
This Level 2 qualification aims to help learners to understand:
• the meaning and importance of infection control
• the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
• methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings, learners must achieve 4 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
• Unit 02 Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
• Unit 03 Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
• Unit 04 Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care settings
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
No specific requirement for previous experience, knowledge or qualifications.
What do I need to bring with me?
The course is completed on your own computer or other device.
Are there any additional costs?
No. The course is fully funded if you are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for 3 years.
What can I do next?
Other distance learning courses are available.
Course LocationDistance Learning