00:00 - 00:00
2 hours x 60 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over, on a means tested benefit (evidence required) or if you earn less than £17,004 (evidence required)
What is the course about?
We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of:
• how to work in end of life care
• the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
• how dementia impacts on end of life care
• the role of the care worker in time of death
• the loss and grief process.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding of end of life care.
These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualifications or employment within health and social care, to complement other qualifications in apprenticeship frameworks within health or health and social care, or to develop in their current job role within health and social care.
This qualification consists of 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand how to work in end of life care
• Unit 02 Care planning in end of life care
• Unit 03 Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
• Unit 04 End of life care and dementia
• Unit 05 Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
• Unit 06 Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
No specific requirement for previous experience, knowledge or qualifications.
What do I need to bring with me?
The course is completed on your own computer or other device.
Are there any additional costs?
No. The course is fully funded if you are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for 3 years.
What can I do next?
Other distance learning courses are available.
Course LocationDistance Learning