00:00 - 00:00
2 hours x 60 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over, on a means tested benefit (evidence required) or if you earn less than £17,004 (evidence required)
What is the course about?
We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
This qualification aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia.
It covers areas such as person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities.
The qualification doesn't infer competence in the work role, but can be used to support the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for those working in or towards a dementia care role.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care learners are required to successfully complete 7 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Dementia awareness
• Unit 02 The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
• Unit 03 Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
• Unit 04 Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
• Unit 05 Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
• Unit 06 Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
• Unit 07 Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
No specific requirement for previous experience, knowledge or qualifications.
What do I need to bring with me?
The course is completed on your own computer or other device.
Are there any additional costs?
No. The course is fully funded if you are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for 3 years.
What can I do next?
Other distance learning courses are available.
Course LocationDistance Learning