00:00 - 00:00
2 hours x 60 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over, on a means tested benefit (evidence required) or if you earn less than £17,004 (evidence required)
What is the course about?
We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
This qualification aims to develop learners’ knowledge and understanding of:
• the principles and processes of person-centred thinking, planning and review
• how to work with individuals to carry out activities specified in their care or support plan, including person-centred assessment, planning, implementation and review
• the promotion of health and well-being through nutrition and hydration
• supporting individuals to maintain personal hygiene
• supporting individuals to manage continence and the use of continence equipment
• supporting individuals with sleep.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification will help learners to understand their role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care or support, the development and implementation of care plans and contributing to the review of these by observing, monitoring and reporting on the care activities they’re responsible for.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
• Unit 02 Care planning for the care worker
• Unit 03 Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
• Unit 04 Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
• Unit 05 Understanding continence care
• Unit 06 Principles of supporting sleep
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
No specific requirement for previous experience, knowledge or qualifications.
What do I need to bring with me?
The course is completed on your own computer or other device.
Are there any additional costs?
No. The course is fully funded if you are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for 3 years.
What can I do next?
Other distance learning courses are available.
Course LocationDistance Learning