The purpose of this message is to give our students an update as to how Aspire Sussex are working with our staff, tutors and students to address the unprecedented circumstances we find ourselves in with regards to COVID-19.
Firstly, we hope that you and your family are well and managing in these difficult circumstances.
Aspire Sussex is following the Government advice and guidelines with regards to COVID-19 and currently, that advice does not include the closure of our provision or local schools or colleges. We are therefore open for business and should this advice change we will notify you.
Notification of course cancellations
Should your course be cancelled we will notify all students using either your email or phone number provided to us on enrolment.
Aspire’s Refund Policy
Students have the right to cancel their enrolment within fourteen working days of receiving confirmation, in which case a full refund will be made. If the course starts within that fourteen day period, the right to cancel applies up to the day the course starts. Refunds can also be issued outside the fourteen day period if a written request is received more than four weeks before the start of the course. An administrative charge of £12.50 will be deducted from the refund. After that time, only requests for refunds as a result of your ill health will be considered. This must be supported by a certificate from your doctor and an administrative charge of £12.50 will be deducted from the refund.
When to stay at home?
NHS website information advices you to stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms Anyone with symptoms should stay at home for at least 7 days. If you live with other people, they should stay at home for at least 14 days, to avoid spreading the infection outside the home.
Stay at home if you have either:
• a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
• a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
• you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
• your condition gets worse
• your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
After 14 days, anyone you live with who does not have symptoms can return to their normal routine.
But, if anyone in your home gets symptoms, they should stay at home for 7 days from the day their symptoms start. Even if it means they’re at home for longer than 14 days.
To view more guidance from the NHS visit their website www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
• wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• always wash your hands when you get home or into work
• use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
• try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
• do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Supporting Aspire Sussex
Aspire Sussex is a registered Charity no. 1149439 and like many other charities and small and medium businesses is likely to struggle during this pandemic. Should you be willing to waive a refund due to you or to make a donation to support Aspire to keep going during this challenging time then we would be very grateful of your support.
We have teamed up with Givey.com to make it easier to donate to Aspire Sussex online.
We also fundraise through Easy Fundraising. This is great way to give, especially if you do a lot of online shopping, as it costs you no more but we get a little donation from the retailer!